I haven't updated on Ethan in a little while.... He's 16 weeks old today and about as sweet and precious as they come! I've recently become very interested in astrology and have discovered that my little Leo fits his description perfectly. He is amazing, to say the least. His reflux is getting more and more under control every day. He still takes Prevacid, but we are now giving him twice a day since the mornings seem to be tough. We went through about a week where his symptoms seemed to go away! I was afraid to type it because I didn't want to jinx it but then on Thursday, he started heavily arching his back while taking his bottles again
so I guess it comes and goes sporadically. He hasn't been throwing up as often, but spitting up a little more. He is eating about 5 times a day now - anywhere from 2 1/2 oz at a feeding to 5 oz at a feeding... you just never know. He ONLY likes Similac Sensitive and he ONLY likes BeechNut rice cereal. He's getting pretty darn cranky around 630p at night now. So we've recently started putting him down around 700p - 730p at night for bed. He is still a super amazing sleeper! He naps several times a day and sleeps SO great at night. For about a week and a half now, he's slept from the time we put him down, all night - til 630am or 700am!
The only time he wakes up is if he gets out of his swaddle. He will only sleep like that if he's swaddled! He loves to be held and loves when I put him in the Moby wrap. He prefers to always be on his back when he's just chilling out. He hates tummy time w/ a passion! And he doesn't like when I prop him in a sitting position... or when I put him in his bumbo. Usually I have about 2 minutes before the screaming begins. He seems to, however, LOVE his exersaucer. He is still discovering the strength of his legs so he usually just sits chilling in it but sometimes if I help him, he'll stand in it and look around like he's mister tough guy! Recently, he's started grabbing his toys! So exciting! We're practicing this more and more because once he gets some more control over those arms and hands, I'm going to attempt to put him down for sleep w/o the swaddle. He has a super adorable beautiful smile and loves when you give him attention. If I just sit and talk to him, he will talk (goo goo) back to me and sometimes I get a really cool story! :) On the flip side, when he isn't happy, he will break glass with that scream! He has his momma's temper,
without a doubt - or maybe I should say a LEO temper! He can start that scream with no notice whatsoever and then when he's done, it's over and he can be found sound asleep or smiling cuz he just got his way. His features: his hair is still brownish - reddish. His eyes are a big question mark - they are a light brown, greenish blueish color. Ryan said it best by saying they're almost a greyish - charcoal color. I don't know if they will change or stay that gorgeous color. He has super long eyelashes like his brother does and the sweetest puckery lips! He has his the longest pinky toes that I have ever seen in my life - until I saw his grandma's! Ryan's mom definitely
passed along this feature to her grandson! He has a birthmark on his tummy that just suddenly "appeared" around 6 weeks of age! He LOVES his big brother and can't stop staring at him when he's in the room! He will only eat if he's entertained so I am thankful for a baby shower gift I got when a moving image projects on the ceiling and plays sweet lullabies! He wears 3-6 mos clothes right now but is growing so fast! It seems he's going to be a bit curvier than jackson! He wears clothes a little differently - like he's a little more "filled out" so I'm hopeful he'll take after Ryan and be strong
and stout! He must be teething early because he's a drool factory! I have to have a bib on him all the time because he can soak his shirt w/ drool! He has very very strong legs and loves to stand up while you balance him. He's laughing a lot now which is so fun! He laughs the most when I look at him and gasp! He really thinks that's funny! He is extremely ticklish on his tummy... Right now, he's a bit of a momma's boy and I'm hoping that it will stay that way! Let's face it, Jackson is all Daddy's boy so I want Ethan to be MY boy!! :)
He is truly perfect in every way. God's incredible blessing to us!
No comments:
Post a Comment