Friday, November 12, 2010

Playschool Sass

Jackson goes to Mother's Day Out twice per week. He absolutely LOVES his teachers and gets very excited about seeing them and playing at "school." Well, his teachers have always given Jackson such glowing reviews. One of the teachers pulled me aside one day and said "please tell me your trick to having such a sweet, polite boy." Just the kind of thing a mom wants to hear! He's been in Mother's Day Out since he was 18 mos old - so almost a year and I've never heard one single negative comment about my angel... until last week!!! So Jackson, who is my nightmare of an eater, was sitting at the table w/ all the other kids eating his lunch. Apparently, he was enjoying playing w/ his lunch more than eating it so Ms. Dawn asked him to help her pick up the food off the table and put it back in the lunchable container... well, this made Jackson mad. He didn't want her picking up his food so out of frustration, he swung his arm across the table causing the food to fly all over and onto the floor. So Ms. Dawn calmly picked it all up and threw it in the trash. Oh, this made Jackson even madder. So he wailed until naptime and then she laid him down for his nap. Normally, he hasn't been using his paci for naptime at school but she said he really needed it this time, so she pulled it out of his backpack and fast asleep he went. When I picked him up, she was telling me the story and saying "I think Jackson is mad at me and I sure hope he forgives me." ha!!! I made him apologize to her and we've been talking to him about it ever since. This week, more glowing reviews. :) One incident in a year - not so bad! I'm thankful I have a NORMAL 2 year old child who is sweet and polite. :) Still, it's a funny story. Sadly, looks like Jackson may have mommy's temper. :)

No comments: