Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Boooooooooooooooooo.

Yesterday wasn't the best day for us... Started feeling pretty crummy last night - been coughing for weeks.  And J started coughing while we were in Branson... Last night, J felt like he had a fever, so I kept him home from Mothers Day Out so as to not expose any kids in case he was contagious.  I just felt so so crappy but mustered up the energy to get myself dressed, the boys dressed, breakfast, etc and headed to drop off ethan at school while Jackson and I went to my endocrinologist appt.  He was a champ at the doc office.  I had downloaded some apps on my "purple phone" which is what he calls it (my ipod touch) and he was very entertained.  Finally doc comes in and informs me that not only is my TSH perfect (0.79), but my cholesterol is also perfection.  It was 215 - which he said a "uninformed" doctor would say is high but he said my "good" cholesterol is off-the-charts high (79 I think?) and he said that you can't "buy that kind of number" -so I felt good about that!  He said cholesterol is hereditary so the chance of me having high cholesterol in my future is pretty slim... so that's a big relief! He said the only thing that didn't look good on paper is my weight - duh.  I knew that.  We talked about my exercise and diet.  He said the only thing he wants me to change is to add 5 fruits/veggies every single day at a minimum.  No grapes or bananas, but everything else is free game.  Preferably 3 veggies and 2 half cup servings of fruit.  So I'm in.  I'll try that and see what happens.  I am disgusted with how long it's taking me to get this weight off, so I am willing to try anything short of starving myself at this point.  Anyway, he checked me and said since I've had my cough for so long, he thinks the best thing to make it better is sleep.  HA!  He gave me some cough syrup that he said would knock me out.  We left there and went and picked up Ethan and went to our appointment at the pediatrician's office.   I asked for them to check Ethan's ears again while we were already going... So the doc checked Ethan and he's still not infected, so that's so great!  He still has fluid behind there but not infected - even though his ear tugging is out of control!  He is cutting 5 teeth up top right now though and one of them just broke through this weekend, so he now has 3 teeth!  The other 4 are sooooooo swollen! Oh, and he weighs 19 pounds, 5 oz... at 8 Months old!!  O-M-G!!! As far as Jackson (his weight was 29 pounds, 7 oz) - his ears were perfect but his throat was badly red and doc said he sounds really raspy so he thinks he has bronchitis based on how long he's had a runny nose, cough and that fever.  He prescribed Zithromax for him for 5 days and also a cough syrup to give him at bedtime.  I'm guessing that I have bronchitis too and prob gave it to Jackson - esp since we always drink after each other - I know, bad habit.  Anyway, yesterday Ryan came home from work early so I could go straight to bed for a few hours.  Sadly, last night I noticed Ethan was coughing a little, so I pray he doesn't get it too.  I feel a LOT better today- and will probably go to bed early again tonight just to really kick this crap!  I still have a deep yucky cough but I'm kind of getting used to it!  haha.  I was supposed to run 7 mi on Saturday - still haven't done that.  I'm so behind on my training schedule and this half marathon is approaching so fast.  I'm really really unprepared for it.  Just seems like everything worked against me, but I'm trying not to give up on it.  I may try to run today even though I really don't have the energy to do it.  I did finish a book that my mother-in-law gave me when I was pregnant with Jackson. I kept meaning to read it but finally started it a few months ago - yep, it took me a few months to get through a book!  It's called "Operating Instructions, A Journal of My Son's First Year" by Anne Lamont.  Really good book!  Makes me miss Jackson and Ethan as a baby-baby, so bad.

No comments: