Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sleeping Woes

Sweet Jackson used to sleep 11-12 hours a night - without a peep while my baby was up every 4 hours crying.  Now, Ethan sleeps 12 hours straight and Jackson screams periodically all night.  Crazy.  TWO WEEKS of Jackson crying and screaming - literally only sleeping 3-4 hours at a stretch and then screaming for an hour or so.... it was awful.  On Day 13, I told Ryan to go upstairs and give that boy a paci.  We were just exhausted.  So he went upstairs, handed it to him and Jackson took it, put it in his mouth, yanked it out and gave it back to Ryan and said "no daddy - i not a baby! no paci!"  wow!  great job jackson!!!!!!  ryan came back down with a big smile on his face (it was midnight ) and told me the story.... I smiled too.  Then, 15 minutes later, Jackson started screaming again... and his screams were like this "mommy daddy it's wakeup time!  i need help!!  help me!  i need help with my covers! need lemonade!!!!! mommy!  daddy!  i crying!!!!!!!!  help!!!!!!  need a sip of lemonade!!! want to sleep with you!!!"  and this goes on and on and on and on and on!  It was getting progressively worse....


Finally, on Sunday night, we tried something new.  I gave him a tyke light.  I explained to him that if needed the light on, he can push the button and we would even call him "tyke."  We both laid him down for bed - he pleaded with us, like always, about this or that just to keep us from leaving the room.... finally, we all said good night....even saying good night to Spencer, the train AND tyke, the nightlight.  About 5 minutes later, he started screaming for us - lemonade and covers and needing another bible story and not sleepy and on and on.... SO - we decided to intercom him and tell him we were sleeping.  So I did it and I told him daddy was already asleep and mommy was going to sleep too.  So I let him go... he whaled and whaled - as loud as he could.  This went on from 845p - 1005p.  Finally, I heard him say "gotta go pee pee!!" so that can't be ignored!  So I went up - let him pee - gave him an m&m (just to calm him down) and tucked him in again and said good night and told him mommy was going back to sleep.  He cried for about 5 more minutes and by 1015p - he was out.  And quiet the WHOLE night! o-M-g!!!!!!!!!!! 
3/22: Last night - J only woke once!  He yelled for daddy saying he needed help getting his covers pulled up - so Ry ran up and did it and he went right back to sleep til 745am!  So basically he slept 830p - 745am!  That's my boy!  However, Ethan was up screaming last night - so Ry and I have decided sleep is just not on the radar for us.  Ethan was screaming like his ear drum burst just like last time - even though we just took him in yesterday and the ENT said his ears are not infected.... but that he is badly teething.  I don't know.... I definitely think my tiny man was in some serious pain from "something" last night... and definitely seemed like it was his ears.  Hopefully someday soon, we can get both our boys feeling better and sleeping better... I feel like a mom of a newborn all over again!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Carman said...

Bless your heart, Keisha! I hope both boys sleep well tonight.