Friday, May 6, 2011

All Tubed Up.

what a day.  up at 515am.  got j up at 530am - dressed.  got e up at 545am - threw him in the car, half asleep, half awake.  dropped off j at 600am at emily's house (wow, she was a total lifesaver!).  605am - off to the hospital.  620am - checked in ethan.  640am - called to the back.  talked to nurse and anesthesiologist. 655am - talked to doc.  705am - the nurse came and took my sweet, beautiful, confused, hungry baby - out of my arms.  That was the hardest part.  I sat in the waiting room for the longest 18 minutes of my life.  Then, the doc came out and asked me to sit down.  Crap.  So I did what I was told, now I am officially not breathing.  He told me that Ethan was fine but that when he got in there, Ethan's ears were worse than he thought.  He said that yesterday, when he looked at Ethan's ears, they were not inflamed like they were today.   He said that he doesn't like to put tubes in ears that are inflamed like that so after he vacuumed out the "significant" amount of yellow pus behind his ear drum, he put the tubes in "in a different place than I normally would" - which I honestly don't know what that means.  He told me that he ended up having to do two incisions because of this so Ethan needed ear drops.  Right about then, the nurse came back w/ my screaming-to-the-high-heavens 9 month old.  He was seriously mad.  I mean, seriously.  He was disoriented and confused from the anesthesia... his little ears were sore and he was hungry.  After about 20 min or so, he calmed down enough for them to release him. When we got in the car, he fell asleep and slept again when we got home.... After another bottle around noon, he was acting like his normal self! :-)  I hope and pray he doesn't have anymore ear issues after this.  Thank God that nasty yellow crap is out of his ears now... I've been whispering "I love you" to him all day.  :)

1 comment:

Connie said...

Poor baby! I'm glad it's over though for both him and you! Love ya girl!