Thursday, May 5, 2011

Rough Start

My sweet baby boy has had a rough start in his little short life.  He was born perfect, and for that - I am utterly thankful to God!  However, between his immediate gag refluxes, acid reflux, allergies, nonstop ear infections - this boy hasn't caught much of a break.  Ry took him to our scheduled appt w/ the ENT on Friday and the conclusion was that he still has fluid in his ears that's lasted longer than 3 mos now - it's not draining and it's a nasty yellow color.  Doc said we could wait on tubes if we wanted to - even though he thinks Ethan would greatly benefit from them - but since Ryan's insurance ends at the end of this month - and we don't get "normal" insurance again til Aug, we thought it's best to go ahead and get it overwith.  I wish I could say I'm as excited as many people I've talked to (especially my mother) but at the end of the day, this is still surgery and that still makes me nervous.  I took him to get checked out today since he's had a pretty nasty runny nose and cough (due to the runny nose) for about a week.  Doc looked him over and said we're still on for tomorrow, 7am.  Thanks to everyone for the prayers!  I am not looking forward to this - especially with Ryan being in Scottsdale this week, but the show must go on - and the mommy always does.  :-)  I'll update more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Connie said...

He will do great and you are right...the mommies always go on...we have to. :-) You are a great mom!!! Love ya girl!