At Ethan's 9 month appointment, I told the doctor that Ethan is still not eating soft foods - I just recently got him to eat baby food without gagging. Mashed potatoes, cut up blueberries, mashed bananas, Gerber puffs, etc - they all make him gag and throw up. So we went in today for the swallow study. They basically put Ethan on this chair w/ a xray machine monitoring food as it went down... We tried several types of food - bottle unthickened, and thickened. Then some baby food and then some bananas and some puffs. The xray showed the delayed gastric emptying - like we knew before from his Upper GI.... We also saw the gag refluxes - and the high sensitivity - especially with the bananas and puffs. The lady said she suggests therapy - which would help him learn to swallow normal and not gag so easily. I don't know details yet because the lady said she would have them call me to schedule the first appointment. More to come on that.
1 comment:
Oh poor baby! At least there is a plan to get this sweet baby on track. Prayers! Love you!
Post a Comment