Monday, May 9, 2011

Resolutions Review

So back in January, I posted my new years' resolutions.   Since it's the beginning of May - and we're well into the 2nd quarter of the year, I thought I'd actually try to follow through and see how my new years' resolutions were shaping up.
1.  Lose 25 pounds.  Well, we're getting there!  I have lost 8 pounds since then... it's the slowest process in the world.  Very very aggravating and frustrating, but a loss is a loss.  Starting May 1, I have begun a new fitness regime, so I see major progress by Q3.  
2. Credit cards paid in full.  Wow - this one I've very excited about.... We have cut back a LOT lately and it's benefited us. Along with Ryan's bonuses, we can proudly say we are down from 4 to 1 credit card.  The amount on that card is really not that bad and it's sitting at 0% interest.  Progress. 
3. Spend at least 3 hours/day with "just" Jackson.  This one has not been that great.... I can definitely say that with the addition of another baby, life has been, and still is, something I'm adjusting to.  Fortunately, both of them play together so well - so they do entertain each other pretty well, but I don't consider that "uninterrupted" Jackson time.  I want to give him all of my attention more that what I do - I just have to really work on finding that balance.  Overall, we spend lots of fun time together - but for now, it's mostly "family" time.  
4. Run at least 1 half marathon in 2011.  YAY!  This one is totally marked off!!!  I still can't really believe I actually ran a half marathon, but I am still beaming with pride that I did.  :)  I'm already looking at one more this year - and Ry said he may want to do this next one w/ me.  He likes my medal.  Ha!
5.  Update my blog daily.  So far, so good!!  This one, believe it or not, is a lot of work and a lot of fun! I like finding new creative ways to talk about my amazing boys and crazy life.  I always so surprised when people tell me that they actually read my blog.  I feel so honored that anyone would take the time out of their own busy days to hear about mine... I have some really cool people in my life and I KNOW I'm pretty blessed!  :)

No comments: