Monday, May 30, 2011

Our "Little Rock" gang.

When Ryan and I moved to Little Rock, Jackson was only 3 days old.  It was horrific for me... literally.  But it wasn't long before Ryan's friend from grad school, and co-worker at Alltel - Eugene - came over for a visit w/ his girlfriend Darcy.  Darcy was so excited about meeting Jackson.  And it wasn't long before Ryan's other friend and co-worker Mark came over and brought his wife Stacey.  Soon, we were making regular "game nights" at our house on the weekends after Jackson went to bed.  They don't know this, but this group of friends got me through that rough time.  I was a new mom, in a new city, with a new job (stay-at-home mom).  I was experiencing serious hypothyroidism and a tad of some depression... until they came along.  I am very grateful for these friends.  

Now, we are all grown up.  Jackson is now 3 years old, and now we have Ethan! Mark and Stacey had Bryce - who is now 15 mos old, moved to Dallas last year and are expecting sweet baby girl Cameron in early August.  Eugene and Darcy still live in Little Rock and got married 2 years ago on Labor Day weekend and in Feb, they had THE gorgeous Rylee Clare.  I love our gang even more now than I ever have.  We are all spread out but that's not stopping us!  I feel like we have not only doubled but added a whole new element to our friendship now that we are ALL parents.  

On Friday, Ryan and I packed up the boys and made the trip to Dallas to spend Memorial Day weekend with some of our best friends.  The kids are still getting to know each other, but it's fun to watch these little stinkers together.  It was a GREAT weekend.  Thanks Mark and Stacey for letting us crash in your beautiful home.

I had fun taking pictures of these babies!
 Bryce!!
 
Rylee!
 Of course, I take every opportunity possible to get pictures of my two cutie-pies!!
Love you guys!!!!  Can't wait to get together again when baby Cameron gets here!

No comments: