Saturday, September 15, 2012
My sick baby boy...
Been a rough few days for my baby boy. He's had some congestion and coughing for several weeks and then he started having trouble sleeping.. just restless but with barely any fever at all. But the fact that he just wouldn't get better started worrying me. He was reluctant to eat and just whiny and fussy with a nasty runny nose. Despite Ryan's reassurances to me that he was fine with just a cold, I opted to keep him home from Mother's Day Out on Thursday and instead take him to the doctor. At the doctor, we discovered that my clingy crying little boy has an ear infection, eye infection and sinus infection. In addition, the doctor was concerned about his breathing in one of his lungs so he wanted us to do a chest x-ray. I walked him over to the other side of the hospital for the chest x-ray. While we were in there, I had to strip Ethan down for the 3rd time because of course, I had chosen to put him in overalls... So that just made him mad. So he stood there balling his eyes out in front this machine and I had to walk away because I'm pregnant... which just confused him... and upset him more... He just kept yelling for me - literally breaking my heart - while the techs, who obviously have NO experience with children, tried to get him to look up and stand still so they could get the scan.... Then he puked. Everywhere. Twice. My poor, poor baby boy - It just made me so sad that he had to do that. After the scan, I took him back over to the doc and he sank into my shoulder and fell asleep. When the doctor finally came in, he said that Ethan doesn't have pneumonia (thank God!) but that he does have some bronchitis on top of everything else. It was an extremely emotional day for both of us. I cannot stand when my kids are sick. Ethan's fever crept up and down all day after that. His underarm temp got up to 103 but his forehead stayed around 101. That night, he slept ok.... and woke up without fever! Praise God! :-) His eye infection has moved into the 2nd eye too now and even though he is super fussy and still coughing a ton, he does seem to be feeling a bit better.... which makes mommy feel better too. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment