Monday, September 24, 2012

Ethan's 1st Night in Toddler Bed...

Well, it was bound to happen.  I honestly wanted to make September the month to potty train Ethan instead of move to the toddler bed, but both Ryan and I agreed that Ethan needs to wait a bit longer to start potty training.  Why?  Because bribes do not work with this child.  There is no amount of candy or toys or anything that will convince him to do something or eat something he doesn't want.  He's completely opposite of his brother in that way.  So I know it sounds goofy but we're slowly trying to teach him to be bribed so that we can encourage the potty training in the same way that worked for Jackson (m&m's!!).  Since Baby Stearle (Ryan calls it Pistachio) is coming in March and I don't want to make too many changes to Ethan at once, so we decided to go ahead and make this change this month and we'll do potty training after Christmas.  It was a sad, sad day for me.  If you know me well, you know I love my sleep.  I was picturing him up crying, screaming etc and I couldn't stand that thought!  He's such a great sleeper already so I didn't want to mess that up!  <Note:  When we moved Jackson to the "big boy bed," which was a mattress on the floor for a few weeks, I was at a Bunco night and Ryan did it... because my anxiety was so high about it - and this was no different. Also, Jackson moved to the big boy bed at 22 mos while Ethan is currently 26 mos. > So Ryan was the one who put him to bed and what can I say... Ryan has the touch!  Ethan slept great and didn't get out of bed and didn't have any issues!  He didn't even cry when he left him.. He was a trooper!  I wish I could say I was... but it wasn't til I woke up this morning that I realized what Ryan had been saying "it was no big deal!"  Woohoo for Ethan!!

Here's the boys reaction to Ethan's new sleeping arrangement!

No comments: