Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Back Home in Little Rock



We made it back to Little Rock safely and securely... The night we got back, Jackson slept for 5 hours from 900p - 200am!! It was the first time we had given him a REAL bath in his bathtub (always given him a sponge bath before) and he absolutely loved it. I think it soothed him right to sleep... I wish I could say that every night since he's slept for 5 hours, but that's ok! We're consistently at 3 hours at least once in the night now! So that's good! On Monday, Ryan and his dad went to pick up Jackson's crib. It was the first night he slept in his crib!! The nursery is way upstairs, so it's not very close to us - so that was something for Ryan and I to get used to! We're used to having our baby very close to us, but the sooner we start, the easier it will be.
His sleeping patterns are so random! Last night, I got up w/ him about 4 times until 730am. Ryan and I have started a new routine - we're starting "quiet time" at 730p so we can get him ready for bed... which just means, we're not doing any unpacking and loud banging from hanging pictures, etc. We're going to at least START the routine, even though he's not ready for an actual "bedtime" yet - but at least he'll learn the routine... We give him a bath at 730p, then bottle, then bed. Last night, it took us an hour AFTER the bottle to get him to sleep, but then he slept for almost 3 hours. He's been taking about 5 oz consistently now each time, but last night, he drank 6 oz!! I know some 7 month olds that aren't even taking that much milk at a time!! He's a growing boy!!! :)

**The swing is our friend!! So far, 3 days in a row, he's slept in his swing for over 2 hours straight so I can get caught up in the office! It is such a blessing!


PS: Today is my dad's birthday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! WE LOVE YOU!

No comments: