Saturday, July 5, 2008

New Goal: Get rid of baby weight!

Ryan and I are without baby right now... Last night and tonight, he is staying w/ my mom and Ryan and I are solo! I thought it would be so great to have a couple nights to ourselves and I am glad we did - but I think I've spent the majority of the time thinking of how much I miss my baby! I've called my mom several times... so much so that she has asked me to stop. I can't help it - I'm used to being w/ him 24/7 and looking at those gorgeous eyes and I miss him!!! Last night, Ryan and I went to the Elk River and camped out w/ our friends Chris and Rachael Meachum - that was fun... We went on a 12 mile canoe trip today and now, we're spending the night w/ Ryan's brother Dave.... Carla is in Pennyslvania so we're missing her too. We went to eat at LaHuerta and then to see the movie "Wanted" - which was good! Tomorrow, we'll pick up Jackson from Mimi's house and then we're off to lunch w/ Ryan's mom and then back to Little Rock. I'm actually (surprise, surprise) looking forward to getting back to Little Rock and starting a routine of some sort... Every week I've either been in Fayetteville or had someone at the house since Jackson's been born and now that I'm comfortable w/ him and he's not screaming all day, I'm looking forward to being a regular 3 person family! I know Ryan is really looking forward to that too.
For the record, tomorrow starts my NEW physical fitness routine. I'm done w/ junk food, and crap. I know what I can and can't eat, so I just need to do it. Most importantly, I am starting a regular exercise schedule - I'm going to run 3 days/week, yoga (my Aunt Janet gave me her P90X yoga DVD) 2 days/wk, strength training 1 day/wk and rest 1 day/wk. I'm sooooo serious! I have 35 pounds of baby and pre-baby weight to lose to get back to where I was when Ryan and I started dating. That's my goal and I'm giving myself until my birthday to do it (Nov 18). I'm going to update every week on how much I've lost so that if I don't lose, it will be one big freaking embarrassment.... but I'm going to do it!! :) I'll make myself post an update on Sundays... That's 19 weeks, so I need to lose 1.84 pounds/week, so let's just goal at 2 pounds/week. I'm really looking forward to getting this extra weight off and getting back into my good clothes!

No comments: