Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Broken Pacis.

I actually thought this day would not "need" to happen. I thought Jackson would do it himself before now... Last night, Jackson went to bed so happy until he realized his pacis are "broken." At first he seemed so confused by it - asking me to fix them.  So I told him he can have them that way and I'm so sorry that they broke and he's a big big boy now... tried leaving the room.  Then the crying began.  Ryan went up there and talked to him and gave him his "present" for being such a big boy and not using a paci anymore....  His new train "Spencer" who he has been asking for for awhile.... We explained that Spencer can sleep w/ him and since Spencer is "big and strong," Jackson was big and strong too!  Well, it worked!  From 830pm - about 1000pm - he slept while holding Spencer in his hand... I thought, OMG that wasn't too bad!!!  Then, around 1000pm, when the crying began... it wasn't looking good.  We went upstairs to comfort him about 6 or 7 times til he finally fell asleep after FRANTICALLY screaming from 1000pm - 100am.  He was yelling for us saying "mommy, please help me.  mommy come help!" - Talk about pulling your heartstrings.  I kept trying to comfort him from the monitor when I didn't go upstairs... I would talk to him in the monitor and say "Jackson, mommy loves you.  you're a big boy.  night night." but sometimes that would calm him down and sometimes it just made him SO much more mad.  I didn't think it would ever end. Ryan went up there and sat on the floor til he fell asleep and then he didn't wake til 700am.  I'm thankful that this day has finally come - he's definitely too old for the pacis even though he was only using them to sleep... but I knew it finally had to happen.  I just am sad because it made him so sad.

1 comment:

Connie said...

I know it was hard last night, but it will get better. I bet by tomorrow night he doesn't even ask for it anymore.