Friday, February 22, 2013

35 Weeks!!

  • Baby's Sex: BOY!! (Name to be announced at birth!)
  • Baby is as big as: Large Cantaloupe (19 - 22 in, 6 lbs)
  • Cravings this week: Chocolate, coffee, sweet tea, PB&J.  That's basically my diet.
  • What's different this week than last week:  Everything is officially ready for baby.  I have everything washed, organized and put away.  I have HIS bag packed to go to the hospital (not mine yet).  My mom is coming with me next week to do pick up/drop off procedures for the boys' schools...
  • Weeks to go:  5 weeks
  • Next Appt: Monday, March 4th - 36 wks!  Starting weekly appointments!!
  • Big Brothers: Ethan has been increasingly interested in every single baby we see out and about... He wants to "pet" the baby and won't leave the baby's side until I intervene and make him... It's really precious.  I explained to Jackson our process for when the baby comes and that Mimi will be here to watch him and Ethan... He seemed ok with this "as long as it's only for 2 days."  Both of my boys have been extra needy of Ryan the last few weeks... Both fighting/crying/arguing over which gets Daddy to put them to bed... Not leaving his side when he comes home each night.... Ethan especially seems attached to Ryan... and this makes me extra sad, but at the same time, I know that the timing is probably a blessing because Mommy won't be able to devote as much attention to them when baby comes... so this is all the way it's meant to be, I'm sure. 
  • Notes:  I had my doc appointment yesterday... I'm really happy to hear that the baby is doing well - good strong heartbeat, measuring well, etc.  I went into the appointment worried to death because this little guy just doesn't move as much as my last two babies.  I was convinced he is wrapped up, or there is something preventing him from being able to kick as much as I'm used to babies kicking.... While I was waiting for the doc in the waiting room, the baby was kicking me like crazy.  Hiccups, jabbing, full body movements - you name it.  By the time I got to see the doc, I explained my worry and he said it totally makes sense.... Basically he said - you aren't noticing his movements cuz you are too distracted with your boys and your life.... If you have a chance to sit and do nothing, you feel him - it's cuz you're focused on him.  Well, that's totally made sense to me, especially after what had happened while waiting in the waiting room.  So I guess I'm just a worry wart... a busy worry wart.  :)

No comments: