Sunday, February 17, 2013

The big box, part 2, and Daddy Day

Last Saturday was "Daddy Day" and that was extra special because Ryan was gone Wed night, Thurs night and Fri night - so by Saturday, the boys were elated to have a whole day to be "just the boys" while I was in Eureka Springs. Ryan took full advantage of having some time with his little guys... and being the big kid that he is anyway, he decided to tweak the box.  He cut out windows, made hidden doors and a back exit.... The boys have been in heaven ever since!  So funny - this is exactly what John Rosemond (Author of "Making the Terrible Twos Terrific" - a GREAT book, by the way!) was talking about with kids... They don't need special toys.. they need an imagination and some TLC.  My boys are so so blessed to have Ryan as their daddy... He's such an involved, loving and STRONG father for them to admire.... I'm so glad they have him as a role model and I pray they always do look to him as who they want to be "just like" .... What a better world this would be with more little "Ryan Stearle" clones.... I know this is why God insisted I have all boys.... Ok - enough of my sap.  
Here's a few more pics from "Daddy Day."

Ryan informed me that their day included baking banana bread and taking it to Aunt Janet's house, going to Petsmart to look at the animals, and WMT to pick up a few things... I think they had a blast. On Sunday, he managed to get the boys up and around to church at 800am before heading to my mom's for lunch.  I'm impressed, but not surprised... Ryan is a pro.
At night, Ryan and I have a little routine (which will be altered when baby arrives, I'm sure)... While I'm cleaning up the kitchen after dinner, Ryan takes the boys upstairs for baths - one at a time - on his back.  Ryan pretends to be "The Lizard" and usually Ethan goes up first... while Ryan is making all kinds of Lizard phrasing...(It's a Spiderman thing).  Upon dropping off Ethan at the top of the stairs, Ethan becomes "Baby Jaguar" (It's a Diego thing).  So he growls and howls waiting for the Lizard and Jackson's arrival..... Upon Jackson's arrival on Ryan's back, Baby Jaguar chases them into the bedrooms growling and showing claws... It's quite humorous.  Ryan sent me this pic Saturday night of "The Lizard," "Cheetah" and "Baby Jaguar."  I LOVE these boys!!!

No comments: