Sunday, July 13, 2008

Project Fit: 2 down, 36 to go!

T-18 Weeks!
Ok... Here is the dealio... I typed my blog about losing the baby weight from Dave's house (Ryan's brother)...I hadn't actually weighed myself so I was guessing that it was 35 pounds that I needed to lose... Well, on Monday morning, at home, I weighed and I actually needed to lose 38 pounds! Yikes! Soo...... when I got on the scale today - I did officially lose 2 pounds for the week but I have no idea how since I did not exercise a single day. I think it was just that I was bouncing between those 2 pounds and got lucky this morning... My goal weight is based on what I weighed when Ryan and I first started dating - I know that was a long time ago, but I was 21 years old and in college, so I wasn't a teeny bopper! I was an adult and I shouldn't have a reason for not getting to that weight again... Now, the truth is that I wasn't at that weight when I got pregnant - I was 10 pounds over that - so I'm trying to lose the baby weight, plus 10 pounds! Yikes again! Last week, I spent the entire week trying to get my house finished up before my friend Connie came... So, it was down to the wire, but it got all done! Now, my house looks like a regular house w/o boxes or clutter, etc... It was mostly the office and the closet that needed finishing and now, it's finished. I have no more excuses for not working out! Soooo.... Now, I have 18 more weeks until my birthday. So, 36 pounds in 18 weeks... Exactly 2 pounds per week. I know it sounds easy, but I'm a bit nervous! Either way - it has to be done.
Here's my routine: M/W/Sat- Jogging. Tu, Sun- P90X Yoga. Th - Strength Training. Friday - Off. On my off day, I'm allowing myself to eat whatever I want but on the other days, it's no junk at all, period. There is no diet crap - it's just eating healthy and come on, that's not hard! I know this is a matter of the mind and that's it. My biggest challenge is to do this while Jackson is still only 7 weeks old. The truth of the matter is, he will have to learn to love his swing so he can chill in it while I work out.... The yoga DVD is an hour and a half, so that's why it's on Saturday and Tuesday - Tuesday's yoga will probably be an "after Daddy gets home" thing to do since it's so long... but jogging - for now, that's only 30 minutes, so I feel good about him swinging while I do that...then I can watch him too.... :)
Since I'm SUPER serious about this, I'm going to go ahead and say -Starting point (last week), I needed to lose 24.8% of my body weight! I'm sure it's not too hard to figure out what I weigh based on that, but oh well - humility is key to success in this process.... I know I can do it. So I'm going to. I am 5.26% of the way there!! 36 pounds to go (94.74% left) - Here I come! :) KEN: Let me know if you want to make this a friendly competition! I'm soooo not joking about making this happen! :)

1 comment:

TheDukesFamily said...

Hey Girl...all I have to say is, if you are breast feeding...keep it up girl! I think that was how I was able to drop the pounds quicker than normal...I think I was within' 10 pounds of my goal...losing 30...in about 4 months. It was the last 10 pounds that took me the entire year! But I have to admit, I did not have the workout routine you have going on! Just stick with it and I know you will do it! I am cheering you on!