Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Baby J doesn't like storms!

I was on duty last night and got Jackson down about 830pm and I immediately landed in bed myself.. I don't know why I was so tired but mostly my mind was racing for some reason. So at 900pm, I heard the rains... then the thunder... and I was anxiously watching my little angel squirm and toss and turn on the monitor... squeek here and there.. but then, he finally did start crying... so I got up at 1030p, put the paci in his mouth and he fell back asleep. Good for me: Daddy was up last night playing video games online with his boyfriends. So he offered to take the monitor until he came to bed. Also good for me: Jackson apparently didn't want to go back to sleep. Everytime the thunder hit, he cried. This happened several times until at 100am, Ryan finally said goodbye to his buddies and ran upstairs and rocked Jackson to sleep.. then he came to bed. I guess I am thanking my lucky stars that Ryan was up already and I didn't have to stay up all night doing that... He didn't mind cuz he was up anyway. Poor baby Jackson! He was sound asleep this morning when my alarm clock went off and I had to go wake him up for his first bottle (we have a schedule, people!). So after his bottle, we played for a few minutes and I put him down, and he took his first nap pretty easily. I tried to let him nap in my bed so if it's REALLY storming one day, he could sleep w/ us... but he was in a new place, so he was looking around everywhere... he couldn't wind down cuz he was so curious about being in my bed that I had to put him back in his crib so he could nap. I guess we'll just cross our fingers for no storms!

No comments: