Well, it's that time of year again. Every year I head to East Lansing, Michigan around Labor Day for a weekend full of golf and football! My good friend Mike, who I worked with at Sears and Budweiser and still lives in Dallas, is from Michigan and his folks still live there. Conveniently, his parents live right on a golf course!! This is the 3rd year that we have made this pilgrimage, and I have been looking forward to it for a long time. The last couple of years we have been able to take in the first Michigan State football game (Mike's alma mater), but this year we will have to watch on TV because they are playing on the road at Cal. Mike's parents are headed to California to see the game first hand this year, so I will not have the pleasure of their company either (Mike's dad Doug played football for the Spartys back in the day...). As usual, Mike's brother Jim is going to make the trip up, and the three of us already have tee-times for Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday morning!! The rest of my time will be spent in front of Mike's dad's huge HDTV downstairs watching football!!
I am sad that I am going to be without the company of my beautiful wife and beautiful son, but I know that they will be in good hands in NWA with the Grandparents.
As for now, I am sitting in a restaurant at the Little Rock airport, enjoying an adult beverage before my flight, and poking around the internet - and it looks something like this:
No comments:
Post a Comment