Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dr. Rodgers said Jackson is A-OK! :)

We had a visit to the pediatrician today... I called yesterday cuz some things were bothering me... #1: Jackson has thrush - it's been on his tongue since he was about 3 weeks old. It's not going away despite the 2 medications we've given him. #2: Jackson breathes funny sometimes - even snores. Sometimes the breathing is erratic and it's just freaked me out. #3: When we "let him cry" - sometimes, he breaks into these cold sweats. He's completely soaked the sheet many times but his hands and feet and forehead are all cold to the touch... So just to be safe, I called the nurse yesterday and she suggested that I bring him in. Ryan - being the UNBELIEVABLE father that he is - surprised us again and showed up at the doc!!! I love when he's there cuz he hears things I don't hear sometimes... plus, I love the moral support. Mommies always worry too much about their kids and I'm no exception! So it's nice to have him there! So we got in pretty fast - I figured out the system! I take the appt AFTER he gets back from lunch and we're usually in and out! It's great! Anyway - so the doc said that the thrush looked better and he thinks it will go away eventually - keep doing what we're doing (sterilizing everything, etc). Breathing: He thought Jackson sounded a little raspy - so he did a chest x-ray - said he looks excellent - no problems. He does think that Jackson has reflux and that is contributing to his fussiness, and difficulty eating sometimes and also part of the breathing issue... He's not worried but he did give me some reflux medicine. On the cold sweats, he said that he thinks Jackson is just getting worked up and since I keep his room at 70 degrees, it's just he's a sweaty baby in a cold room. He did do a fingerstick and checked to make sure Jackson isn't anemic and he wasn't... so no worries there either. He ok'd my feeding schedule... I'm cutting back on a feeding for Jackson. He's going to just get 5 feedings a day at 6oz each.... He said we were really feeding him at the high end of ounces.... (we were feeding him 36/day) - so 30 is closer to normal. Plus, we're going to be putting him to bed at 800pm every night... so we'll cross our fingers that he'll continue to sleep until 630a - 645a... We'll see!!
Jackson is SUPER chunky! He now weighs 13lbs, 5oz!!! He was 11lbs, 14oz just a little over 2weeks ago! Yikes!! :)

1 comment:

Kara said...

I think we may have a linebacker or catcher on our hands!! Chunky babies are so cute!