Boy - tough for both of us! I'm trying to get "napping" under control, so I know I'm supposed to let him cry for a while... Well, let me tell you - this boy has a bit of his momma's stubborn side. He won't stop crying! He cried - or I should say SCREAMED - for 20 minutes, despite nothing being wrong w/ him at all. After 20 minutes, I went back in, put the paci back in his mouth, and sound asleep! That was the 1st and 2nd round. 3rd round - oh no - he's not going to sleep! Not my little baby - he's going to KEEP screaming - for 2 hours!!! I purposely laid him down 30 minutes earlier so he might be able to get at least 90 minutes of continuous sleep... but no - instead, he just whaled for 120 minutes. I kept going in, putting paci back in after 20 minutes... we did that 3 times! But then, when I'd give him his bottle - he could barely stay awake to take it! He cannot stay awake!! It's like WW3 to keep him awake enough to at least get 5 of the 6oz down! Talk about tough - the love your life screaming hysterically for 20 minutes is enough to pull your hair OUT. I almost did once. But I have to teach him - I know he's getting used to mom and dad letting him cry for 5 minutes and coming back in and rubbing his little head and all... it was getting so bad that he wasn't napping for more than 10 minutes at a time! If I was lucky, he'd sleep for 30 minutes in a day. I know I shouldn't be complaining because he does sleep 8 hours every night - but come on - 8 hours is what an adult needs in a day.. a baby needs much more in a day! And he just is SOOOO stubborn! I just have to be MORE stubborn than him. Ryan says I should turn the volume off the monitor so I can just watch him but not have to listen to the screaming... Well, I just can't do that. What if he starts choking or something? I just can't chance it. I know nothing will happen - but what if?!! Volume stays on. I just have to toughen up to the sound of him crying - but maybe he'll learn quickly (babies always do, right!?) and he'll just go down for a nap like he's supposed to. The book (Babywise) says that if I can just stay calm and let him cry it out - it won't take long before he realizes "oh - this is naptime and I'm pretty tired so I'm going to go to sleep now."... The saga continues... This is him today after he woke up from Round 1...
No comments:
Post a Comment